Catapult delivers support and implementation services for leading ERP and CRM solutions that enable mid-sized businesses to perform at their best. Located in Vancouver, Canada, Catapult provides software and consulting services to drive outcomes that matter, including deployment, customization, upgrades, training and support for Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft DynamicsCRM, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Acumatica Cloud ERP. Catapult is looking for an Application Specialist – Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, to work in our Vancouver office. This entry-level consulting position will cover all phases of an ERP solution life cycle from initial planning and design through implementation and user adoption.
Duties and responsibilities
Use your business and accounting experience and passion for technology to propose, configure, test, deploy, demonstrate and train clients on cloud ERP solutions and related platforms. Working with clients to define, document and validate business requirements, manage expectations and change, and to deliver high quality solutions on various types of engagements. Become an expert in cloud ERP functionality, capabilities and configuration, participate in solution design, system configuration, testing, implementation and support, and ensure that client requirements are successfully implemented. Support clients in adopting new software capabilities by providing training to end users and assisting with post-deployment activities. Play a vital role on the Catapult delivery team by working across multiple clients and engagements, understanding and meeting task and deliverable commitments, including budget and schedule expectation. Support project and service delivery outcomes by facilitating an understanding of client business needs and challenges, and working to identify meaningful opportunities to improve, automate and create value through digital process and capability enablement. Support, extend and communicate team standards and practices.
Knowledge and skills
- 2-4 years full-time work experience
- Proven skills and experience in ERP business domains, with a strong preference for accounting and finance knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary team members: customer stakeholders and end users, project managers, business analysts, and developers.
- General comfort with technology such as database concepts, Excel, etc.
- Ability to think conceptually, but also comfortable with detailed work Strong and broad business acumen Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills and confidence.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics or other ERP systems Experience with financial reporting, statistical modelling, quantitative analysis Experience with software requirements gathering, documentation, software configuration.
- Experience with business process improvement and performance measurement Preparing and reviewing forecasts and budgets, financial statements.
- Experience working effectively with senior management.
- Exposure to payroll, job costing, fund accounting, service management, inventory management, supply-chain and manufacturing.
- Understanding of internal controls and governance
University degree or relevant post-secondary education.
No specific certification required.
Career-Launcher Internships are funded by the Government of Canada under the Youth Employment Strategy. For program criteria information visit their website.
Qualified interns are:
- Starting the internship within two years of receiving their post-secondary diploma
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.