Envo Drive Systems is an innovative engineering and design company specializing in high-quality and top-performing, yet reasonably priced electrical mobility solutions such as Ebikes. We make e-vehicles for recreational enthusiasts, urban and business commuters, and family cyclists.
From humble beginnings, we have pushed through and come far since our inception in 2015. Envo is now an established business with an ambitious vision and five-star customer reviews, headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
We are seeking a full-time Technical Product Manager/Service Manager to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment, have a passion for innovation and mobility, experience in electro-mechanical systems, and are looking to be a part of a growing and dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
At Envo, you are constantly encouraged to learn and grow and given lots of opportunities to push the boundaries of your expertise. You will also work on cool, environmentally friendly products, and showcase their technical aspects to customers and businesses.
We are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, and Saturday from 11am-3pm.
Tâches et responsabilités
What You Will Do:
As Technical Product/Service Manager, you’ll be the operations lead for our Service Center at our main location in Vancouver/Burnaby area.
This role will work on our technical products, whether they are Ebikes, or Electrical Conversion Kits, or other innovative solutions we continuously work on. It includes assembling, installation, and quality assurance and control for safety before delivery.
You’ll train your team, engage with customers to recommend the right service at the right time, manage and control service costs, keep service orders organized, and take an active lead in ensuring the right solutions/products are built and delivered to your customers.
If you like to problem solve, work with customers to solve their repairs and installation issues on bikes, motors, controllers, conversion kits, and specially if you are comfortable with creating video guides for every new product, we want you!
- Supervise the work of electrical and mechanical technicians and other assigned personnel for timely implementation of planned activities, installation, and repairs work orders for each product, in the workshop or through Remote Video call
- Perform duties peculiar to and normally required in the trade of electric motors, controllers, bicycles, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the engineering manager during design, prototype, installation, and improvement of each technical product
- Ability to create instruction and procedures (Document and Video Guides) for each technical product (Not to be Camera Shy!)
- Fault finding and wiring checking with knowledge of electric motors, Controllers, LCDs, programing, and similar systems, such as in Electric Bicycles; Test wiring connections with test equipment like volt/ohmmeters and oscilloscopes
- Provide training to junior technical staff, dealers, or individual customers for assembly, repairs, and replacement
- Assist in inventory management of materials, such as bike accessories, tools, spare parts, and other materials as needed
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment for the technicians, increase equipment availability to meet the needs of Operations, with proper care and maintaining of all technical assets, as well organization and cleanliness of the workshop
- Should be able of handling the workshop effectively with a focus on improvements and knowledge of modern concepts of maintenance
- Maintain records and prepare reports on repairs completed or on units requiring future special service, as well as tools
Connaissances et compétences
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Required standing or sitting for several hours straight at a time
- Frequently bend and twist throughout the day
- Regularly lift over 40 lbs
What You Bring:
- Technician Diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering or Mechanical & Electrical Engineering background
- Equivalent plus 4/5 years’ experience as a Senior Electro-Mechanic with experience as Team Leader / Workshop Supervisor
- Comprehensive experience as bicycle mechanics, and/or electric bikes
- Good knowledge of workshop equipment, parts interpretation, and electrical/mechanical inventory
- Prior experience working in a service department or customer-facing role
- High level of competence in oral and written communication, with computer/smartphone literacy for supervising customer ticketing systems
- A positive and friendly attitude and motivation to help every customer find what they need, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for bikes, micro mobility, tech, and for reducing the environmental impact of the transportation industry
- Previous experience with electric bikes or scooters is a plus!
- Proactive approach to staying up to date on industry changes and trends
Envo Drive System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, age. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technician Diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering or Mechanical & Electrical Engineering background
Les Stages lancement de carrière sont financés par le gouvernement du Canada dans le cadre de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse. Pour des renseignements sur les critères d’admissibilité du programme visitez leur site Web.
Les stagiaires admissibles :
- Sont étudiants ou diplômés d’un programme postsecondaire
- Sont âgés de 30 ans ou moins au début du stage
- Sont citoyens canadiens, résidents permanents ou détenteurs du statut de réfugié au Canada*
- Sont légalement autorisés à travailler en vertu des lois et règlements provinciaux et fédéraux applicables
- Sont disponibles à travailler pendant au moins six mois
- N’ont pas déjà participé à un programme fédéral d’emploi pour les jeunes
- N’ont pas été employés par l’employeur avant le début du stage (ne s’appliquent pas aux placements ou stages étudiants antérieurs)
*Le statut de réfugié doit être conféré aux termes de la Loi sur l’immigration et la protection des réfugiés. Les personnes en attente du statut de réfugié et celles qui détiennent un visa de séjour temporaire, visa d’étudiant ou permis de travail, ne peuvent participer à une initiative de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse.