OCAD U is the largest and most comprehensive art, design and media university in Canada. Our programs and research bridge fields of digital media and design, sustainability, health and wellness, cultural diversity and indigenous cultures. Our students engage in creative studio-based, aesthetic and technical learning, together with critical, theoretical, scientific and historical knowledge and methods.
OCAD U is at a critical time in developing institutional purchasing strategies that respond to UN Sustainable Development Goals 1, 3,8, 9, and 12.
Within the Procurement team, the ImpAct Intern will support the development of purchasing criteria and vendor evaluation instruments for high dollar value (greater than $100,000.00) Request for Proposal(s) that support healthier ecosystems and workplace environments, high labour standards across the supply chain, circular economy thinking, and maximized value for the institution. This internship will focus on the development of sustainability in core product categories and multi-year agreements with suppliers and knowledge transfer through training, policy manuals, documentation of best practices/case studies.
Project examples may include ‘Campus Cleaning Contract’, ‘Waste Management/Haulage’ etc., to be confirmed.
We are seeking a motivated Sustainable Procurement Intern who has a solid foundation in sustainability and who has working knowledge of procurement and supply chain or logistics. The internship is designed to be a valuable learning experiences and previous work experience is not a prerequisite.
We are committed to offering a supportive environment where you will learn about vendor relationships and the procurement process, where your ideas will be valued, and where you will be challenged with the opportunity to influence OCAD U business operations.
Tâches et responsabilités
The Sustainable Procurement Intern will be responsible for a range of research activities and operational support. These activities include synthesizing data, writing reports, creating visually compelling infographics, developing presentations, and conducting qualitative and quantitative research. The Intern will report to the Senior Procurement Officer and the Sustainability Coordinator and interact with/learn from staff working across operations including Finance, Facilities & Studio Services, and Campus Planning.
Tasks that the Sustainable Procurement Intern may be involved with include, but are not limited to:
- Communication: Support the development of new guidance, tools and templates on sustainable procurement. Support internal communications efforts by presenting webinars, articles, and case studies.
- Operations: Maintain business unit reporting tools, dashboards and reports (via Excel); Ensure tools support operational requirements; Create models to answer the business questions; Lead and/or support internal projects contributing to creation of new processes or formalization and standardization of existing processes with a positive impact on team efficiency and quality.
- Research, analysis, and data visualization: Support and manage research projects (i.e. data collection, case study research), including on business practices in higher ed institutions. Analyse data and draw conclusions and recommendations. Create compelling presentations. Generate briefs and sustainable procurement reports.
- Coordination support: Support coordination of a variety of workshops and training events including set up, logistics and ongoing management.
Connaissances et compétences
- A demonstrated commitment to CSR and sustainability fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytics & data visualization: ability to communicate quantitative data into a visually engaging story and organize information into concise presentation; Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with building dashboards and/or with monitoring/reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking to present information in an insightful and structured manner.
- Willingness to contribute to a team effort, to receive and provide feedback, and to take on independent work.
- Effective time and project management skills attention to detail.
- Pro-activeness and creativity in problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Environmental Studies OR a related field that demonstrates knowledge of supply chains; graduate degree a plus (i.e. Master in Strategic Foresight and Innovation).
- Preferred areas of study include: Business Administration, Finance or Procurement, Environmental Economics, Climate Change, Sustainability Management.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We encourage members of designated equity-seeking groups to self-identify within their application.
In order to alleviate the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators, priority in hiring will be given to qualified racialized and Indigenous persons who self-identify as such in the application process. This initiative is a special program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
OCAD University is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities
Les stagiaires admissibles :
- Sont âgés de 15 à 30 ans au début du stage
- Sont citoyens canadiens, résidents permanents ou détenteurs du statut de réfugié au Canada1
- Sont légalement autorisés à travailler en vertu des lois et règlements provinciaux et fédéraux applicables
- Sont disponibles à travailler pour une durée flexible allant jusqu’à 6 mois d’ici le 1er mars 2021
- N’ont pas été employés par l’employeur avant le début du stage (ne s’appliquent pas aux placements ou stages étudiants antérieurs, mais cela doit être clairement identifié par l’employeur)
1Le statut de réfugié doit être conféré aux termes de la Loi sur l’immigration et la protection des réfugiés. Les personnes en attente du statut de réfugié et celles qui détiennent un visa de séjour temporaire, visa d’étudiant ou permis de travail, ne peuvent participer à une initiative de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse.