Are you a high-energy and intellectually curious young professional (under 30) interested in building real-world experience in educational video content and video podcast creation, including end-to-end process management, from concept development, through editing, to post-production? Are you driven to bring future-focused, innovative concepts to industries in need of transformation? Do you love bringing fresh ideas and knowledge to audiences around the world through video-based media? Do you dream of crafting a mission-driven career where the content you develop contributes to a brighter future? Are you a fast learner, dependable team mate, and able to work autonomously?
4P Solutions is a sustainability think tank and consultancy located in Vancouver, Canada. We are passionate about harnessing the power of business to shape a brighter future for humanity and our planet. The 4 "Ps" we evangelize are: People, Planet, Profit, Purpose.
Over 40% of the objects in our daily lives couldn’t exist without mining, and nor can our low-carbon future. Yet the industry struggles with a disgraceful legacy, ongoing lack of transparency and challenges in innovation, change, and interconnection to both other industries and the broader public. This internship will focus on two core projects: producing educational video materials for adult learning, and a video podcast, to highlight ambitious expert voices both within and outside of the industry, and to educate leaders and practitioners alike. Our goal will be to challenge conventions, win hearts and minds, empower and educate, and accelerate positive change to maximize this indispensable industry’s contribution to global sustainable development.
A young organization, we are seeking a creative and ambitious self-starter, well versed in end-to-end video creation and editing, to produce innovative videos using original footage, interviews, and stock footage, for the following, that, in a fun and engaging way, will explore the role of the mining industry in a sustainable and socially-just future:
1. new, interactive training courses; and
2. a video podcast.
This part-time internship will be a flexible duration of 16-24 weeks long, at approximately 20 hours per week, depending on your schedule and availability.
Fully Remote, or in Vancouver, BC
Tâches et responsabilités
We are looking for a Video Production Intern. As an intern, you will work directly with the CEO and our various interviewees, to independently produce content for digital and social media, developing your experience video editing, storytelling and production, as well as knowledge of sustainability. This is an opportunity to develop your talents and be part of a unique, pioneering, and impactful endeavour.
- Produce and manage video podcast
- Produce and edit educational training videos
- Edit recorded interviews, instructor videos, and stock footage segments as necessary to put together sequences, creating both rough and final cuts
- Produce and manage YouTube Page (for podcast)
- Advise on educational software and platform to leverage, to create an engaging online learning environment
- Actively engage in brainstorming sessions
- Research and understand themes and trends of sustainability, technology and industry risks/opportunities
- Remain current surrounding digital trends
- Work with speakers in podcast and develop script/outlines
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
Connaissances et compétences
- Creative mind and innovative, captivating storytelling skills
- Proven work experience in producing explainer videos and podcasts, with demonstrable video editing ability with a portfolio; Must be able to handle all technical aspects end-to-end
- Passion for sustainability and social justice themes, with a thirst for knowledge in the subject matter
- Solid experience with and access to video editing programs (such as Final Cut Pro, Lightworks, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Avid Media Composer)
- Ability to work autonomously and remotely
- Complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Organized, dependable and detail-oriented
- Adaptable, versatile and a quick learner
- Ability to work well and efficiently under pressure
- Ideally you have been part of something mission/purpose -oriented (whether in video or elsewhere in your life)
- Ideally currently studying or having recently studied in related professional fields
Ideally a graduate of a program in related professional fields, or equivalent proven experience.
Les Stages lancement de carrière sont financés par le gouvernement du Canada dans le cadre de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse. Pour des renseignements sur les critères d’admissibilité du programme visitez leur site Web.
Les stagiaires admissibles :
- Sont étudiants ou diplômés d’un programme postsecondaire
- Sont âgés de 30 ans ou moins au début du stage
- Sont citoyens canadiens, résidents permanents ou détenteurs du statut de réfugié au Canada*
- Sont légalement autorisés à travailler en vertu des lois et règlements provinciaux et fédéraux applicables
- Sont disponibles à travailler pendant au moins six mois
- N’ont pas déjà participé à un programme fédéral d’emploi pour les jeunes
- N’ont pas été employés par l’employeur avant le début du stage (ne s’appliquent pas aux placements ou stages étudiants antérieurs)
*Le statut de réfugié doit être conféré aux termes de la Loi sur l’immigration et la protection des réfugiés. Les personnes en attente du statut de réfugié et celles qui détiennent un visa de séjour temporaire, visa d’étudiant ou permis de travail, ne peuvent participer à une initiative de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse.