Sustainable Life App is seeking a Sustainable Consumption Research Analyst! We live and breathe sustainable living & consumption and want to bring aboard a team member who shares similar values!
Working directly and being trained by our app’s founder, you will put together statistics and prepare a report about green business statistics and sustainable consumption in Canada. We want statistics and facts about each of the industries available on our app. This is a remote work from home opportunity.
This is an amazing opportunity to help create and maintain a product that will inspire change! We help consumers live a sustainable lifestyle and we provide businesses and brands with user analytics and an easy platform to connect with their consumers on a whole new level. Join us and help us build what will (hopefully) be a truly phenomenal platform!
You are passionate about researching and you’ll help Sustainable Life App expand our platform. You :
- Are an avid mobile app user - especially ones that help make this world a better place
- Are a self-motivated individual who wants to inspire change!
- Are able to work independently and also collaborate as a team member
- Capable of juggling a a bunch of tasks and staying organized
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Have strong communication skills and a general positive attitude and outlook
- Have strong research skills and you have experience working with academic and papers, as well as, government and NGO reports
- Have experience preparing reports that are summarized efficiently and logically
Our platform’s core values - 5 Factors for Sustainable Consumption™
- Impact on Human Health
- Environmental Impact
- Respect for Human Rights
- Respect for Animal Rights
- Socio-Economic Worldview
What is Sustainable Life App? We are a map-based app (Apple & Android) connecting consumers with sustainable brands and businesses in their area. We’re all about #ShopLocal and #SupportSustainable. Our goal is to grow the app so that users can use it at home and while they travel to live in line with their core values.
The app features green businesses, eco-products, and services from many industries, including: eco travel options (hotels & tours), event venues, retail shops, grocery stores, local farms, cafés, restaurants, hair salons, spas and so much more!
To learn more visit: www.sustainablelifeapp.com
To apply for this position send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Tâches et responsabilités
- Number of green businesses in Canada - stats and figures + optional to extend and compare with USA, UK, EU and Australia stats (if available).
- Sustainable Consumption patterns in Canada - key facts and figures (comparing with other markets)
- Green social media trends - past, present and projected future.
- Research facts and figures in academic, scientific papers/reports, as well as, government and NGO reports
- Prepare a thorough report specific to Sustainable Life App's available industries
Connaissances et compétences
- Strong research skills
- Ability to reach out to businesses and brands (phone, in person and email) on behalf of the app to do customer discoveries (TBD)
- You’re interested in sustainable/eco businesses and brands
- You want to be a part of inspiring change by helping solve the problems that small businesses, brand owners and eco-conscious consumers face.
- You want to create a report that inspires
- You like to focus on all aspects of a task and you're always proud of things you work on and help create.
- You’re a team player, resourceful, and are a driven problem-solver.
Post secondary education - We are open to a range of educational backgrounds (Bachelors, Diplomas or Certifications) in Sustainable Development, Environmental Studies or Journalism.
Les stagiaires admissibles :
- Sont âgés de 15 à 30 ans au début du stage
- Sont citoyens canadiens, résidents permanents ou détenteurs du statut de réfugié au Canada1
- Sont légalement autorisés à travailler en vertu des lois et règlements provinciaux et fédéraux applicables
- Sont disponibles à travailler pour une durée flexible allant jusqu’à 6 mois d’ici le 1er mars 2021
- N’ont pas été employés par l’employeur avant le début du stage (ne s’appliquent pas aux placements ou stages étudiants antérieurs, mais cela doit être clairement identifié par l’employeur)
1Le statut de réfugié doit être conféré aux termes de la Loi sur l’immigration et la protection des réfugiés. Les personnes en attente du statut de réfugié et celles qui détiennent un visa de séjour temporaire, visa d’étudiant ou permis de travail, ne peuvent participer à une initiative de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse.