FigBytes is looking to hire an entry level UI / UX Front End Developer. To succeed in this position the most important traits are an eye for design, a desire to create a product that is loved by the end user and always wanting to get better through learning and trial and error. Thinking about the big picture and the ability to break it down into actionable chunks is nice as well. You will be working closely with Engineers and Product Managers on UI flows, web design and front end development. Breadth of experience isn’t as important as the ability to grow within your current talents. You will have a meaningful impact on the product now and into the future. We make decisions fast, move fast and always iterate to get a better product in front of our customer. The quest to continually make FigBytes products simpler and more usable (read intuitive) is ever present.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Take ownership of the overall application design
- Conceptualize, design and enhance user interaction designs from concept to go-live including page layout, user interface graphics, icons, color schemes and content.
- Understand desired customer experience and produce innovative designs, interactions andflows to improve overall experience.
- Work with the team prototyping, designing and building new features.
- Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design and refine user experiences
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Operate effectively as a member of the off-site development team.
- Also operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
Connaissances et compétences
- Demonstrated experience in designing, marking up, developing the UI web applications and mobile applications.
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some: jQuery, AngularJS, LESS, JSON, AJAX.
- Styling: CSS, LESS (named styles/rules with meta langs) Data binding: AngularJS.
- Front-end skills and some basic understanding of how back-end development works.
- Demonstrated experience in working through traditional UI design phases (wireframes/storyboards, mockups, HTML/CSS builds).
- Demonstrated understanding of web standards and accessible design (508 compliance).
- Cross-browser compliant HTML & CSS.
- Experience with Code management tool such as GIT
- Experience of Jira or similar tool
- Familiarity with UX tools
- Proficiency in design tools: CSS and dynamic HTML and Adobe Suite Master (Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
- Strong written and oral communication skill.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and an Agile team.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed team under challenging deadlines and constraints.
- BA or BS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
- UI and/or UX design