Do you want to build stuff that actually improves people's lives? Perfect.
Propel is an exciting Vancouver startup that is looking for an enthusiastic student to join its small software team. Work with greenfield projects, help make product decisions, be a growth hacker, learn a wide variety of skills, and fully apply yourself to the many challenges of building a company!
Our mission is to reduce drowning deaths and accidents by making it easier for the world to learn the life skill of swimming. We are building a platform that enables anyone to book swim lessons directly with swim instructors, and gain access to our network of underutilized pools. We have made the lives of thousands of kids and adults better by overcoming fears, getting ready for vacations, and staying safe in the water; now we need your help to keep the momentum going.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Growth hacking and growth initiatives to increase reach and customer base
- Client/Instructor account features to build long term value
- Internal KPI dashboards to inform product decisions and strategy
- Website UI/UX research to discover design flaws and areas to improve
- Feature improvements to make the product even better for our users
It will be expected that you:
- Strive for open and clear communication, asking any and all questions and providing input frequently
- Have strong problem solving skills, an ability to break big ideas into bite-sized tasks
- Are thoughtful about UX, UI, and the impact design has on end users
- Work effectively with and without direction
- Take pride in your craft
- Experiment, research, build, test, fail, succeed, and learn
How to stand out:
- Tell us about a time you've done something entrepreneurial, whatever that means to you 🙂
- Send us links to things you've built: home projects, side hustles, weekend gigs, hackathons
Connaissances et compétences
- Have almost completed a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Previous software development internships or work experience
- Experience building web based projects (eg. HTML/CSS, React, Django, RESTful APIs, interacting with Amazon Web Services or Heroku etc)
- Working in team environments with specifications, documentation, QA processes, Git version control, code reviews, dev/staging/prod environments
- High interest or recent experience in working in a small startup
We require that you're currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.