We are seeking a skilled and motivated computer scientist or computer engineer to join our team. We design new hardware projects, so our ideal candidate is experienced with hardware design, firmware design as well as mobile app and server development.
This is an exciting and challenging position where you will be required to work on projects from a napkin sketch till the product is selling in the market. Our hardware designs could end up in mass production or working as a standalone or prototype unit. Unlike at most companies, Ventrify’s new hires are given the responsibility of their own projects, we are a startup team so we are looking for someone who may not have all the answers but is willing to learn how to then get the job done. You will also have an opportunity to work in other technical fields including hardware design, firmware implementation, mechanical systems, 3D printing and prototyping and RF development.
- You are not afraid of a challenge and are eager to provide solutions to problems within limited scope and complexity
- You love to experiment and take every opportunity to demonstrate self-initiative
- You have excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and documentation skills
- You are a collaborator and able to build internal partnerships to achieve results
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and ethics
- English, you have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Mandarin written and spoken is considered an Asset
Ventrify is an international electronic product design and manufacturing firm founded in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. By offering world-class electronics design and cost-effective mass production in Asia, Ventrify makes it easy for North-American entrepreneurs and businesses to bring new innovations to market and expand their product lines.
Ventrify Inc. is a market leader in designing new consumer electronics for mass production specializing in early collaboration with Chinese manufacturers and Chinese electronic components. Our electronics team mainly deals with hardware. Software and connected devices.
Visit www.ventrify.ca for more information about Ventrify.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Tâches et responsabilités
- Contribute to the estimating and planning of sprints within the scrum team. Working with the project managers and mechanical team to estimate and quote new projects.
- Analyze the viability of the solution to meet product timelines, budget and quality. Present the solution to different stakeholders.
- Create and execute test cases for new functionality
- Design and develop mobile apps from graphic sketches and functionality layouts, test and review the application with project managers and clients.
- Design and Layout PCB Boards.
- Design and Program AWS Web servers to connect to Remote systems and IoT devices an asset.
Connaissances et compétences
- Experience in embedded development, including microcontroller programming, prototyping circuits, and interfacing with hardware.
- Experience developing with C++ (experience with C and assembly language will also be considered).
- Experience with mobile app development for both the Android and the IOS platforms (a portfolio is an asset)
- Familiarity with software architecture and design patterns. Especially with Agile Design Processes.
- Familiarity with basic communications in embedded (UART, I2C, SPI, high-level grasp of wireless an asset).
- Familiarity with hardware design principles is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Research and develop processes, designs or formulations for new or improved products
- Support the transfer of new or improved products from research and development to manufacturing.
- Work with vendors to determine specifications and purchase equipment, materials, parts or services.
- Generate technical documentation, including reports, test plans, and standard operating procedures.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure the research and development activities and documentation meet regulatory requirements.
- 2+ years’ experience developing hardware devices (Side Projects can Count as Valuable Experience)
- 2+ years’ experience programming PIC microcontrollers and other firmware embedded peripherals devices (Side Projects can Count as Valuable Experience)
- Experience developing using Amazon Web Servers and integrating IoT devices (Side Projects can Count as Valuable Experience)
- Experience dealing with and working with prototype boards, namely Arduino and Raspberry Pie.
- Experience soldering and electronic prototyping and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles
Team and Project Management Experience (Preferred)
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Experience or knowledge of lean six sigma
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience working in a research and development environment within an ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or GMP framework.
- Experience creating PCB & Electronic Product BOM for manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
BSc. in Engineering, with a strong preference for Electrical/Electronic Engineering and Computer Engineering.
Depending on prior experience, BSc. in Computer Science or related disciplines may also be considered.
Les Stages lancement de carrière sont financés par le gouvernement du Canada dans le cadre de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse. Pour des renseignements sur les critères d’admissibilité du programme visitez leur site Web.
Les stagiaires admissibles :
- Ont obtenu leur diplôme dans les deux ans précédents le début du stage
- Sont sous-employés (avoir un emploi au-dessous de leur niveau de scolarité ou à temps partiel)
- Sont âgés de 30 ans ou moins au début du stage
- Sont citoyens canadiens, résidents permanents ou détenteurs du statut de réfugié au Canada*
- Sont légalement autorisés à travailler en vertu des lois et règlements provinciaux et fédéraux applicables
- Ne reçoivent pas de prestation d’assurance-emploi pendant le stage
- Sont disponibles pour travailler pendant au moins six mois
*Le statut de réfugié doit être conféré aux termes de la Loi sur l’immigration et la protection des réfugiés. Les personnes en attente du statut de réfugié et celles qui détiennent un visa de séjour temporaire, visa d’étudiant ou permis de travail, ne peuvent participer à une initiative de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse.