THEMUSEUM's vision is to awe, inspire and enlighten visitors of all ages. Located in the heart of downtown Kitchener, we are on a mission to scan the globe for fresh cultural content to stage engaging cultural experiences for our audiences. THEMUSEUM is a charitable organization that is highly respected on the national stage, offering a unique blend of art and technology in an imaginative and non-traditional environment.
THEMUSEUM is seeking a digital marketing assistant to play a key role in implementing the organization's digital strategy to engage new and returning visitors, members and donors. The digital marketing assistant will gain valuable experience working with a highly recognizable brand and a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced, creative environment.
Tâches et responsabilités
- Write social media content for THEMUSEUM’s social channels;
- Develop and implement SEM strategy using Google Adwords, social media advertising and analyze success of paid digital partnerships;
- Review ongoing social strategies through analytics review and detailed reporting;
- Maintain website content and updates, while identifying and implementing website improvements;
- Improve website SEO;
- Provide assistance and suggestions for digital marketing matters to fundraising, programming and sales departments;
- Manage a number of tasks/projects at once to meet tight deadlines;
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Connaissances et compétences
- 1-2 years of experience in digital marketing or educational equivalent;
- Proven attention to detail and exceptional writing and editing skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of online brand development;
- Professional knowledge of various social media platforms, including advertising and analytics;
- Proficiency with WordPress, basic HTML and CSS considered an asset;
- Experience with e-mail marketing considered an asset (e.g. MailChimp);
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Waterloo Region’s arts and culture community considered an asset.
- Completion of college/university program in relevant field (e.g. marketing, public relations, communications).