Bike Winnipeg is a non-profit, member-based organization working to make cycling in Winnipeg a safe, enjoyable, accessible, and convenient transportation choice year round.
We are seeking a passionate individual in Winnipeg for the position of Collective Impact Lead who supports the mission and vision of Bike Winnipeg and who is committed to active transportation.
The objective of this internship is to complete a Collective Impact exercise with local stakeholder groups for a bikeshare service run as a social enterprise.
This position is for 485 hours starting November 2nd with flexible hours as long as all work is completed by February 28th.
Tâches et responsabilités
In general, duties and responsibilities include any tasks or activities that support the development and execution of a Collective Impact process for a bikeshare service for residents, workers, and visitors. Tasks include:
- Developing an Intended Impact Statement and Theory of Change
- Conduct data gathering, engagement, and validation of the Intended Impact Statement and Theory of Change
- Develop an engagement strategy
- Developing a Collective Impact Action Plan which may include defining and confirming a governance model, developing a learning agenda, developing an evaluation measurement framework, and/or developing a communications plan
- Liaising with the municipal public engagement department
- Collaborating with other members of the bikeshare development team
- Developing engagement materials (e.g. handouts, infographics)
- Developing and executing a schedule of engagement events including pre- and post-activity tasks
- Working with volunteers that may assist with events, meetings, and activities (e.g. volunteer graphic designer)
- Develop and prioritize quantitative and qualitative opinion metrics
- Maintain all data collected in an organized manner
- Other duties as assigned
- A Stakeholder Engagement & Collective Impact Strategy
- An Intended Impact Statement and Theory of Change developed through a Collective Impact process
- A Collective Impact Action Plan
- A brief final report including the above deliverables and an overview of the completed engagement process
You are expected to provide your own cell phone and laptop. All work can be completed remotely from your home office from anywhere in Canada.
Connaissances et compétences
From a combination of formal education and related experience, you must have:
- Knowledge of community engagement strategy, tactics, and best practices
- Knowledge of communications, public relations, event management, and/or digital engagement tactics
- Familiarity with community organizations in Winnipeg is an asset
- IAP2 certification is an asset
- Report-writing experience
Abilities & Attributes
- Solid written, verbal, public speaking, and moderating skills
- Results-focused with strong follow through
- Excellent time management, scheduling, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Friendly and respectful with a positive work attitude
- Organized, self-disciplined, and reliable
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Self-initiating and thrives in an independent work environment
- Professional email, phone, web, and media etiquette
- Commitment to the cause
No formal education is required as long as strong related experience can be demonstrated. Relevant education is an asset.
Les stagiaires admissibles :
- Sont âgés de 15 à 30 ans au début du stage
- Sont citoyens canadiens, résidents permanents ou détenteurs du statut de réfugié au Canada1
- Sont légalement autorisés à travailler en vertu des lois et règlements provinciaux et fédéraux applicables
- Sont disponibles à travailler pour une durée flexible allant jusqu’à 6 mois d’ici le 1er mars 2021
- N’ont pas été employés par l’employeur avant le début du stage (ne s’appliquent pas aux placements ou stages étudiants antérieurs, mais cela doit être clairement identifié par l’employeur)
1Le statut de réfugié doit être conféré aux termes de la Loi sur l’immigration et la protection des réfugiés. Les personnes en attente du statut de réfugié et celles qui détiennent un visa de séjour temporaire, visa d’étudiant ou permis de travail, ne peuvent participer à une initiative de la Stratégie emploi jeunesse.